MegaKerma / Silent Walk FPS Creator / Silent Walk: RENAISSANCE

Tools for creating 3D games
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:00 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Memory Access Issue
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:16 am 
Registered member
Registered member

When i try to load my project file it throws a memory access error.

i worked about 10 hours on the first level so i was very disappointing when i tried to load my project the next day and i can use the other 2 things i have registered but the megakerma only errors a memory access when i try to load my project.

It only started doing it after my pc ran dead in the middle of working on the project. i was reading a few other posts having the same issue so i am going to send the project file to zoltan. but i really need it fixed or some way to recover the files. it took along time to figure out a bit of the scripting side because i am far from a programmer.

I sent zoltan an pm with the project file upload but if anyone has any way to fix this i would love to know how.

Anyways just remember its the paid version of mega kerma

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Memory Access Issue
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:05 am 
Site Owner
Site Owner

Memory Access Violation errors were the most annoying things with the previous game creator tools, so I tried to fix and create all functions not to make this error. As a result there are only a very very few cases when MegaKerma threw this error.
If you think you found one, please let me know about the details, and possibly send me the project file, so I can investigate the issue.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:37 pm 
Registered member
Registered member

The same thing happens to me, especially after I trying to upload a texture and apply it to an object. Immediately gives me "memory access violation" and exit of the program. Then, when I try to load the project gives me the same error. The program is promising but has many bugs that need to be resolved including the lag that which I told you. I tried another computer and do the same. Another bug would be that your player come up upside texture for example, when you crouch or simply fall down from floor.
To not give errors, I think we should just do games with only one room per level, like brainforce 3, anything more complex like my level (a house with a garden) start to make issues or errors.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:56 pm 
Site Owner
Site Owner

The previous post was never checked as I haven't got the project which caused the error.

If you like, I can check yours, just send me the link to the project, and I research it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:44 am 
Registered member
Registered member

Thanks.