MegaKerma / Silent Walk FPS Creator / Silent Walk: RENAISSANCE

Tools for creating 3D games
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:44 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Noob in need!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:46 am 
Registered member
Registered member

Okay I read several topics and tried several things but when I start my game its still just a black screen with the number 100 in the top left. Here is my set-up. I started the program and clicked Make a New Level then made a 3x3 floor and placed walls all around. Placed a Start Point inside and a weapon(gun). Changed the HUD orientation for the weapon so it was at a bit of an angle (front of the pistol points to the left). Then placed a ceiling and placed lights, turned light effect on and adjusted the lights so the entire ceiling was illuminated. Saved the level and made it my start level from the drop down. Exported. Black Screen with 100 in top left after "This was made using Silent Walk" screen. Tapped escape key opened Silent Walk again, opened project, made all the walls and floor ignore lights. Saved level to a different name and changed the start level to the newly named level. Exported and same thing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

P.S If someone could make a video tutorial on making a room with an object, weapon and a door that leads to another room and setting up the playable character, with step by step instructions I would be beyond grateful.

That's all I want, that's all you need in life, is a little place for your stuff, ya know? I can see it on your table, everybody's got a little place for their stuff. This is my stuff, that's your stuff, that'll be his stuff over there. That's all you need in life, a little place for your stuff.
-George Carlin

Post subject: Re: Noob in need!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:32 am 
Blender/ Gimp Guru

i think you have put the light above the ceiling, either place it below or add transparency tot he ceiling

www.Temptationsofresonance.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:33 am 
Registered member
Registered member

Thanks for the reply but my lights are below the ceiling. I can see half the orb below the ceiling and the other half above and when I turn light effects on it shows the light covering the ceiling.

That's all I want, that's all you need in life, is a little place for your stuff, ya know? I can see it on your table, everybody's got a little place for their stuff. This is my stuff, that's your stuff, that'll be his stuff over there. That's all you need in life, a little place for your stuff.
-George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:32 pm 
Blender/ Gimp Guru

hmm, is it possible your start point is below the floor then?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:25 am 
Registered member
Registered member

Thanks again for the reply and no the start point is not below the floor i even raised the start point above the floor just to see if that would assist but no change, still just a black screen. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the software and created the room all over again using the same set-up, still black screen, then tried moving the start point up, down, and in other locations throughout the room and still black screen. Maybe I am missing a critical step somewhere but I'm doing everything by the user manual and what others have said. Do I need an exit point? Do I need to adjust any of the parameters of the start point? I'm seriously freakin out lol.

-George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:16 pm 
Registered member
Registered member

Have you set the starting level in the general settings (I think) menu?

I'll make a tiny vid tutorial for you if you need it, although I think that should solve your problem.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:47 pm 
Registered member
Registered member

Yes I set the starting level to the only level I created but I figured it out...*sigh* I just had to press "W" to walk forward, the camera starts behind the wall ergo i only saw a black screen. Thanks Fatmanpez and ynyr for your replies and sorry for wasting your time. Man do I feel stupid...lol

-George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:31 am 
Blender/ Gimp Guru

its fine, we've all made little mistakes :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:40 am 
Registered member
Registered member

Yea, you never need to say sorry.

Marv