MegaKerma / Silent Walk FPS Creator / Silent Walk: RENAISSANCE

Tools for creating 3D games
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 1:23 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Skyrim Discussion
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:47 pm 
Registered member
Registered member

We all know its going to be awesome. So post here on what you think they should change/improve,add or just how awesome it is.
Here is some facts about the game so far.

Game comes out 11,11,2011
New Combat system including duel wielding of weapons including staffs,special move, finishing moves, individual body part hit detection.Etc.
New Magic System: With visible effects on your hands as you equip. area and ground effects, Spells are equiped on a hand.
Horse are confirmed in game play trailer. (You might not think it does but look at the part with the windmill. In front of a building is a horse.)
You might possibly be able to be a bard. One of the cites in the game is said to be the location of a bard college and in the trailer you can see a bard playing an instrument.
You will be able to fight multiple dragons in the game.
Bows and arrows will be a slower but more deadly weapon.
Jobs: Such as blacksmithing
Dragon Shouts: Of course. Some effects include slowing down time and calling dragons to help.
Slimmed down Skill system:There are less skills again. But the enchant skill makes a come back.
When you level up you choose "perks" which are kind of like an upgrade tree they give you special abilities and skill increases.
The combination of spells is being discussed by Bethesda
NPC's no longer stop time and zoom in to their face when you talk to them. They will continue what they were doing.
Radiant story:
Generated Stories based on the players play style and what they have done.
Example: (Not an example given by Bethesda and in no way represents content.) You do a quest for to retrieve an amulet and have to choose between giving it to an evil person or a good person. So you give it to the good person. She gives you your reward and your on your way. So you hear about children going missing in a cave and go to take a look and after battling multitudes of bandits in the cave you discover that the leader is none other than said baddy you didn't give the amulet too.
This may sound like a simple quest but this doesn't happen on a generic basis. Imagine now your actions have consequences that don't fit to just that quest.
Also no more worries about "accidentally" killing a quest giver if they are some how "occupied" than their son, daughter,brother, sister, etc will continue as the quest giver. (unless they are pissed because you killed their father of course."

I will continue added information soon.
Maybe even some comparison shots.

Post your thoughts below.

SKYRIM!!!!

Edit:
Comparison

Orcs Before:

Orcs After:

Kajhiit Before:

Kajhiit After:

Post subject: Re: Skyrim Discussion
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:57 pm 
Pun Master
Pun Master

I'm hoping that this one will be better than Oblivion - that game was a huge disappointment for me. I am a little worried at some of the things they have carried over/added though. In particular, the level-scaling system and the yet further-simplified game mechanics.

The combat and magic system both look extremely well done however. It sounds like they'll be far more balanced, and more interesting to experiment with - especially the limb-targeting that they had in Fallout 3.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:09 am 

I don't like that it's being simplified. Morrowind (where I started in the series) was great because the world was confusing, and there were a kajillion different abilities (heavy armour, medium and light, short and long sword, blunt weapons, spears, axes). Now it's being simplified for kids. I don't like that, and I think Skyrim's going to be even worse. Same with quest markers. Why? It puts more depth into the game if your hand isn't held for every quest.

On the other hand, I like how relatives will continue being quest givers. I like the idea of jobs, dual-wielding, and a bunch of other stuff (graphics!), so hopefully it will be great.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:31 am 
Registered member
Registered member

Yeah I don't like over simplification either but more and more games are doing it so developers continue to do it.
I mean games like system shock and deus ex have more immersion and interactivity with your environment than newer titles.
And why can't a brother get a crossbow. They took away some of the coolest elements in oblivion. Spears, Halberds, Scimitars, crossbows, throwing weapons.
Not to mention the spell system. What happened to mark/recall, and levitation?
Or go back in further the maps in arena and daggerfall were huge. Granted they were randomly generated but I never had that holy crap I have barely scratched the surface of the game moment in oblivion. What also needs to be changed is actual changes based on decisions. Most of the quests in oblivion were like Help this person get reward quest over. There wasn't any changes based on what you did. The world does not progress. They could take a page from dragonage in this way.
Create dynamic characters with personality. The people in oblivion felt like just objects to get quests from not people who will be affected.

Character emotion too. Oblivion did an okay job with the facial emotion but the problem was that the body was stiff when your mad do you usually stand in one place? the characters do everything in a move to this spot and do this fashion. You can tell its just a okay move to x,y,z now play idle animation drink potion.

Oblivion made you feel very detached from your environment with some pretty visuals and collision boxes to stop your wandering.

Break the formula:
They need to stay away from the character start --> conflict---->Big Event---> end
me as a player find things very unsatisfying when I have to wait for another game to see what happened.
In oblivion "Spoiler Alert"

the emperor is dead and his surviving son
dies to save the world. After that get a nice piece of armor
and than what? Nothing. No emperor? Why don't we find one than?
If the emperors dead why aren't people panicking? Why is there a revolt on their hands?

I am very excited for skyrim and hope that it will fix alot of the problems and will use
the things that make RPG's great.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:28 am 

I used to be a really, I don't know, I guess the word would be 'hardcore' Oblivion player. I finished the game several times, did every quest, dicovered every location, you know. I did a lot of stuff, not including all the time I spent with mods.

My character was level 47! It stops mattering at 20, for Christ's sake. Yet still, bandit scum continued to attack me; highway men still asked for my money. My armour was huge, expensive and spikey, but people never mention it in-game. In morrowind, people would say stuff along the lines of 'You're dressed fancily.' In oblivion, they mention your skills like 'Your shield arm looks strong,' but they didn't compliment you on the value of your equipment.

Another thing is that NPCs were dumb. It broke the immersion a lot. If I go to the countess' dinner party, cast spells everywhere, shoot arrows and knock stuff off the table, they all just look at me silently. In real life, I'd be thrown in jail.

Another thing, and I understand they're not going to make the same mistake again, is the voices. Oh god, why did all three elves have to have the same voice? In Morriwind, the Dunmer had excellent, gravelly, threatening voices. For some reason, they didn't carry that over.

thegreatgamecreator wrote:
And why can't a brother get a crossbow. They took away some of the coolest elements in oblivion. Spears, Halberds, Scimitars, crossbows, throwing weapons.

A thousand times this!

In Morrowind, you could also create a far more unique-looking character by using individual parts from different armour sets. What if I want a Daedric left pauldron and a Dwemer right? I could do that in Morrowind. There was also some variation in the equipment; I could have an Iron Helmet or a Nordic Iron helmet!

So yeah, I hope they reconnect with Morrowind somewhat.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:53 pm 
Registered member
Registered member

Yes. YES!!! Bring back the customization!!! There are like no game that actually allow you customize on the level of the true Rpg's.
And I hope that skyrim has way more factions than oblivion. In morrowind you could be in almost all factions I think.
but seriously only 5 factions to join? And you don't even do anything really in the blades besides the main quest.
I mean where is the Morag Tong? (Sorry If I spelled it wrong.)
Also Needs warewolves and vampires.
And not the just paler skin, spell effect kind like in oblivion.
I want to look and feel like a warewolf or vampire.

Im sure I will remember something else later.

So feel free to post whatever it is that you think about skyrim below.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:39 pm 
Blender/ Gimp Guru

im hyped for skyrim

oblivion was amazing to me, morrowind i disliked for only 2 reasons, the menus for equipping things took forever, and the combat just didnt feel real, but both are issues i think were solved with just new hardware and technology. i hope skyrim isnt as simple as fable 2, but it looks very promising :D

www.Temptationsofresonance.com

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:23 am 

The thing that I didn't like about Morrowind was the combat system. It didn't fit an Action RPG. Your skill determined whether you hit or not, as well as damage. In Oblivion, it determined how much damage only.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:40 am 
Blender/ Gimp Guru

plus it still played he attack animation when it wasnt doing anything, i died like right away many times from that

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:56 am 
music producer
music producer

OVERLORD wrote:
The thing that I didn't like about Morrowind was the combat system. It didn't fit an Action RPG. Your skill determined whether you hit or not, as well as damage. In Oblivion, it determined how much damage only.

I agree.

Fatmanpez wrote:
im hyped for skyrim

oblivion was amazing to me, morrowind i disliked for only 2 reasons, the menus for equipping things took forever, and the combat just didnt feel real, but both are issues i think were solved with just new hardware and technology.

I agree once again.

There are definitely some things for Skyrim that Bethsda needs to work on, but its definitely going to be a epic game, heres some more info I found:

Skyrim-UESPWiki wrote:
Five large cities, comparatively larger than those in Oblivion, are available to explore (and to be attacked from above by dragons), along with a wider variety of caves and subterranean areas. Fast-traveling to locations already discovered has returned. Cooking, farming, wood-cutting, and mining, in addition to weapon-smithing, can be done in different towns.

The 130 dungeons in the game were created by a team of eight, whereas Oblivion's dungeons were all created by one designer.

Upon a giant mountain, the Throat of the World houses the home of the Greybeards, High Hrothgar, at the head of 7,000 steps.

Mounts have been confirmed as something the team is looking into. Hostile creatures include mammoths, giant spiders, elk, trolls, ice wraiths, zombies, sabre-toothed cats, giants, wolves, skeletons and dragons. Children are also featured in the game.

"Dynamic shadows" will be used and snow will fall and accumulate dynamically. Plants will move more believably with the wind, and the water in the game will actually flow along a course.

The faces of NPCs have been extensively overhauled and will show distinct differences between races and more varied emotional expressions.

I'm finally back... woo!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:00 am 
Blender/ Gimp Guru

something im not sure if anyone else noticed, but look at the over hall here, and think about fallout 4 :wink: atomic bombs and dragons mate!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:14 pm 
Registered member
Registered member

They should have kept the hotkey system, the one they have now brings up a menu and pauses the game, but theres no limit to how many things you can have on it. This will just make things slower

but all the same, skyrim will be the biggest event in human history!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:17 am 
Registered member
Registered member

It's going to be good Bethsoft haven't screwed up one game yet, so yeha it's going to be good.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:47 am 

I thought Fallout3 was pretty rubbish, but that's just my opinion, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:20 pm 
Blender/ Gimp Guru

i love fallout 3, not as good as oblivion, but pretty fine, just the combat felt a little to hard at times, especially when fighting waves

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:28 pm 
Blender/ Gimp Guru

went tot he midnight release, playing it now, its awesome, feels like oblivion in all the right ways :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:09 pm 

I do not have it yet. My computer probably won't be able to play it, but I'll get it for PC anyway based on the fact that I will get more out of it through the inevitable mods that will be made for it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:06 am 
Registered member
Registered member

I want to get it for my ps3

but the fact is - MW3, BF3, SKYRIM, Uncharted 3 [New Assassin's Creed?]
Have all come out at pretty much the same time

And I have no moniezzz :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:54 am 

ynyr wrote:
And I have no moniezzz :(

I feel thy pain.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:57 am 
Blender/ Gimp Guru

dont forget the new zelda, despite the wii's outdated-ness, the new zelda looks badass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:56 am 
Registered member
Registered member

Yes. YES!!! Bring back the customization!!!

https://www.milenarodrigues.com/